by Reynel Ian Dy
Camera accessories as we know are very expensive and sometimes it takes us a lot of time to invest on all the best accessories that we want for our camera. But there is way wherein we can afford the best accessories for our camera in a cheap way. Listed below are all the D.I.Y (Do it Yourself) Photography hacks that we can do to have our camera accessories right away:
- Fisheye lens – An Fisheye lens produces a very wide spherical distortion in the image. You can have a fisheye effect if you put a peephole or a door viewer in your lens. To do this, you have to get a cup that fits your lens as its body, and drill the middle of the cup where the circumference of the door viewer can be plugged. Plug your door viewer to the cup and attach the cup to your camera and there, you have a DIY Fisheye lens.
- Macro lens – A macro lens is used to have an extreme close-up to a very small subject. You can have a Macro effect if you use a magnifying glass into your lens. To do this, you have to use a cup as the body of the magnifying glass and cut the bottom of the cup that fits your lens and attach it to your camera.
- Pin hole – A pinhole camera is a simple camera without lens with a single aperture and capturing with a very long exposure because of the very tiny aperture. You can have this vintage look effect by using an old body cap with just a tiny hole in it. To do this, you need an old body cap of your camera and a drill a tiny hole in the center. There it is you can now have a vintage effect image. But also keep in mind that this effect requires a long exposure. Because it only have a tiny aperture.
- Under water shot – You can have the effect of underwater shot by using a aquarium. With this, your camera will not be wet. Just place you camera in the aquarium and dip in water and shoot! And a reminder, don’t submerge aquarium too deep!
- Stringpod – If you want a stable shot but very portable, you might want to use a stringpod. To do this you need a 1/4″ eye bolt that will fit your camera and a string that is thrice as your height. You tie the ends and insert the string to your eye bolt. There you have a stringpod.